Moving in a positive direction: 22/06/2020
Moving in a positive direction
The Government’s Chief Medial Officers announced on Friday 19th June that the UK’s coronavirus alert level has been downgraded from four to three.
At level four, the transmission of the virus was considered to be “high or rising exponentially”. Under level three, the virus is considered to be “in general circulation” and there could be a “gradual relaxation of restrictions”. This also follows the allowed re-opening of many non-essential shops and retail services since 15th June 2020.
While this is very positive news, signalling the further easing of lockdown restrictions, it is still essential to maintain high levels of hygiene and continue with strict social distancing measures to prevent infection rates from rising again.
Health and safety of our and customers is a priority and we will continue to adhere to the additional hygiene and safeguarding measures implemented across our business. This includes following the latest guidance from Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH) [https://wishforum.org.uk] and Public Health England (PHE) [https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance]
- From Monday 22nd June 2020 we will:
Try to resume our full range of metal recycling and waste management services, where safe to do so
- Open all of our sites from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday
- Sites will be closed on Saturdays until further notice
- Open all of our sites for members of the public and door trade – subject to social distancing measures
- Continue to slowly bringing back members of our team onto sites, while maintaining social distancing through adapting welfare facilities and implementing staggered start and finish times where possible
- Deliver COVID-19 Induction training to all members of the team attending sites, yards and offices
- Provide personal protective equipment to all employees as required including gloves, masks, eye protection, tissues and hand sanitiser, plus hand washing stations
- Offer support for mental health to everyone in our team who could be struggling with the current circumstances
Business services, Team WARD is open for:
- Servicing key essential businesses including clinical and hazardous waste, skip hire, rapid response and commercial collections
- Accepting ferrous and non-ferrous metals from business customers
- Accepting end of life vehicles (including cars and vans) at all of our sites
- Accepting regular door trade customers/registered scrap collectors and businesses for ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Collecting and processing textiles for reuse and export
- Running commercial waste collection services to service all business customers
- For skip hire visit: https://www.ward.com/online-skip-order/
- Skip hire services are available via phone or our website. Bookings and payments can be made online or over the phone to ensure it is contactless. Your skip will be delivered and collected by one of our drivers, maintaining social distancing measures and we will communicate via email or phone rather than with a paper ticket, to minimise contact.
- Discounts are available for NHS workers on skip services. Quote NHS2020 on booking and email the team with verification of your ID number.
- Some of our depots are working varied hours, so please wait for a telephone call from our customer services team to confirm your skip delivery
- Our offices are currently closed on Saturdays, however limited skips maybe available for Saturday delivery. Book early to avoid disappointment
- We are unable to respond to Skip queries via Facebook Messenger, please contact our customer services team on 0345 337 0000
All safety measures remain in place as previous updates. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for latest information.
Thank you for your ongoing support during this time.