Coronavirus Update Effective from the 17/10/20
As of Saturday 17th October 2020 Tier 2 localised lockdown measures have been introduced into wider across the East Midlands. This now extends from parts of Leicester and Leicestershire to Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, and large parts of Derbyshire including North-East Derbyshire, Erewash and Chesterfield.
For everything you need to know about the local lockdown rules in your area, visit the government website for latest rules: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-covid-alert-levels-what-you-need-to-know
The situation is constantly changing and we are working with local authorities and government guidance to continuously assess the safety of our team and their families, our customers and our suppliers.
As key workers providing essential waste services, we will continue to operate throughout the East Midlands servicing all our customers in the safest way possible.
From 17th October 2020 we will:
- Support our customers and colleagues in affected areas across the East Midlands to adhere to the new measures
- Offer our full range of metal recycling and waste management services, where safe to do so
- Open all of our sites for core hours from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday(variation exists at sites with some starting earlier or finishing later due to licensing and planning agreements, please call 0345 337 0000for details)
- All sites will be closed on Saturdays until further notice
- Open all of our sites for members of the public and door trade – subject to social distancing measures
- Continue with our employee inductions, ongoing health and safety training and carry on with working from home or safe return to sites where possible
- Avoid non-essential face-to-face meetings
- Wear face masks in all communal areas
- Provide mental health support for team members adversely affected by current circumstances
Business services, Team WARD is open for:
- All essential metal processing and waste management business servicesincluding food and hospitality waste, glass, metal and wood recycling, clinical and hazardous waste, skip hire, rapid response and commercial waste collection
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metalsfrom business customers
- End of life vehicles(including cars and vans)
- Regular door trade customers/registered scrap collectors
- Textile banks, clothing collections and recycling for reuse and export
- Commercial waste collection services across the East Midlands
- For skip hire visit: https://www.ward.com/online-skip-order/
- Skip hire services are available via phone or our website. Bookings and payments can be made online or over the phone to ensure it is contactless. Your skip will be delivered and collected by one of our drivers, maintaining social distancing measures and we will communicate via email or phone rather than with a paper ticket, to minimise contact.
- Discounts are available for NHS workers on skip services. Quote NHS2020 on booking and email the team with verification of your ID number.
- Please wait for a telephone call from our customer services team to confirm your skip delivery
- Our offices are currently closed on Saturdays, however limited skips maybe available for Saturday delivery. Book early to avoid disappointment
- We are unable to respond to Skip queries via Facebook Messenger, please contact our customer services team on 0345 337 0000
Health and safety of our and customers is a priority and we are stringent hygiene and safeguarding measures that have implemented across our business.
It is vital that we maintain high levels of hygiene and continue with strict social distancing measures to prevent infection rated from continuing to rise.
For the latest guidance visit:
- The Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH): https://wishforum.org.uk
- Public Health England (PHE) https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
All safety measures remain in place as previous updates. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for latest information.
Thank you for your patience and support throughout this period.