Coronavirus Update 02/11/20
From Thursday 5th November 2020 the Government has announced a second nationwide lockdown. For full details on how these affect you, your families and your business interests please visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november.
The government confirmed industry like ourselves ‘is essential to keeping the country operating and supporting vital sectors and employers’. As key workers providing essential waste services, we will continue to operate our metal recycling, waste management and skip hire services nationally, in the safest way possible.
We will continue to support local and national businesses in healthcare, construction and manufacturing supply chains with vital services, while constantly assessing safety, reviewing advice and guidance from Public Health England, the Government and our industry bodies, including the British Metal Recycling Association (BMRA) and the Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH).
All safety measures remain in place as previous updates. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for latest information. The next review is expected on 2nd December 2020, we will update our status accordingly as changes are announced.
From 2nd November 2020 we will continue to:
- Offer our full range of metal recycling and waste management services, where safe to do so
- Open all of our sites for core hours from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday (variation exists at sites with some starting earlier or finishing later due to licensing and planning agreements, please call 0345 337 0000 for details)
- All sites will be closed on Saturdays until further notice
- Open all of our sites for members of the public and door trade – subject to social distancing measures
- Continue with our employee inductions, ongoing health and safety training
- Increase the number of office staff working from home and rotate employees office time to minimise interactions, while supporting and motivating the team.
- Avoid non-essential face-to-face meetings
- Wear face masks in all communal areas
- Provide mental health support for team members adversely affected by current circumstances
Business services, Team WARD is open for:
- All essential metal processing and waste management business services including food and hospitality waste, glass, metal and wood recycling, clinical and hazardous waste, skip hire, rapid response and commercial waste collection
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals from business customers
- End of life vehicles (including cars and vans)
- Regular door trade customers/registered scrap collectors
- Textile banks, clothing collections and recycling for reuse and export
- For skip hire visit: https://www.ward.com/online-skip-order/
- Skip hire services are available via phone or our website. Bookings and payments can be made online or over the phone to ensure it is contactless. Your skip will be delivered and collected by one of our drivers, maintaining social distancing measures and we will communicate via email or phone rather than with a paper ticket, to minimise contact.
- Discounts are available for NHS workers on skip services. Quote NHS2020 on booking and email the team with verification of your ID number.
- Please wait for a telephone call from our customer services team to confirm your skip delivery
- Our offices are currently closed on Saturdays, however limited skips maybe available for Saturday delivery. Book early to avoid disappointment
- We are unable to respond to Skip queries via Facebook Messenger, please contact our customer services team on 0345 337 0000
Health and safety of our and customers is a priority and we are stringent hygiene and safeguarding measures that have implemented across our business.
It is vital that we maintain high levels of hygiene and continue with strict social distancing measures to prevent infection rated from continuing to rise.
For the latest guidance visit:
- The Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH): https://wishforum.org.uk
- Public Health England (PHE) https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
Thank you for your continued patience and support throughout this period.