Coronavirus Update: 01/10/20
As a provider of essential waste services in the East Midlands, we continue to service our customers in the safest way possible, following all recommended health and safety precautions and industry guidelines to protect our team and the businesses we support.
From 1st October 2020 we will:
- Offer our full range of metal recycling and waste management services, where safe to do so
- Open all of our sites for core hours from 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday(variation exists at sites with some starting earlier or finishing later due to licensing and planning agreements, please call 0345 337 0000for details)
- All sites will be closed on Saturdays until further notice
- Open all of our sites for members of the public and door trade – subject to social distancing measures
- Continue with our employee inductions, ongoing health and safety training and carry on with working from home or safe return to sites where possible
- Avoid non-essential face-to-face meetings
- Wear face masks in all communal areas
Business services, Team WARD is open for:
- All essential metal processing and waste management business servicesincluding food and hospitality waste, glass, metal and wood recycling, clinical and hazardous waste, skip hire, rapid response and commercial waste collection
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metalsfrom business customers
- End of life vehicles(including cars and vans)
- Regular door trade customers/registered scrap collectors
- Textile banks, clothing collections and recycling for reuse and export
- Commercial waste collection services across the East Midlands
- For skip hire visit: https://www.ward.com/online-skip-order/
- Skip hire services are available via phone or our website. Bookings and payments can be made online or over the phone to ensure it is contactless. Your skip will be delivered and collected by one of our drivers, maintaining social distancing measures and we will communicate via email or phone rather than with a paper ticket, to minimise contact.
- Discounts are available for NHS workers on skip services. Quote NHS2020 on booking and email the team with verification of your ID number.
- Please wait for a telephone call from our customer services team to confirm your skip delivery
- Our offices are currently closed on Saturdays, however limited skips maybe available for Saturday delivery. Book early to avoid disappointment
- We are unable to respond to Skip queries via Facebook Messenger, please contact our customer services team on 0345 337 0000
Health and safety of our and customers is a priority and we are adhering to the additional hygiene and safeguarding measures implemented across our business. It is vital that we maintain high levels of hygiene and continue with strict social distancing measures to prevent infection rates from rising again.
For the latest guidance visit:
- The Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH): https://wishforum.org.uk
- Public Health England (PHE) https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance
All safety measures remain in place as previous updates. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for latest information.
Thank you for your continued support throughout this period.