Working together to provide waste services
Following the latest government announcements, we are taking small steps to expand on the essential waste services we are able to offer.
From Wednesday 13th May 2020 we will:
- Slowly bring back into work a number of members of our team including yard operatives and our customer services function
- Provide COVID-19 Induction training to all members of the team attending sites, yards and offices
- Continue to implement Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH) [https://wishforum.org.uk] latest guidelines and Public Health England (PHE) [https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance]
- Provide personal protective equipment to all employees as required
- Provide mental health support to everyone in our team who might be finding the current circumstances difficult to process
Business services, Team WARD is:
- Continuing to service key essential businesses
- Accepting ferrous and non-ferrous metals from business customers
- Accepting end of life vehicles (including cars and vans) at all of our sites
- Accepting regular door trade customers/registered scrap collectors and businesses for ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Still closed for general door trade metal deliveries and to the general public until the general lockdown is officially lifted by the government
- Not currently processing textiles – we will review this as Household Waste and Recycling Centres continue their reopening programme
- Running commercial waste collection services to service all business customers
- We are providing skip hire services via phone or our website. Bookings and payments can be made online or over the phone to ensure it is contactless. Your skip will be delivered and collected by one of our drivers, maintaining social distancing measures and we will communicate via email or phone rather than with a paper ticket, to minimise contact.
- For home/business skip hire visit: https://www.ward.com/online-skip-order/
Discounts are available for NHS workers on skip services. Quote NHS2020 on booking and email the team with verification of your ID number.
All safety measures remain in place as previous updates. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for more information.
We continually review advice from the Government and our trade bodies. We thank you again for your support at this difficult time.