Ward selected as double finalists in Derby Telegraph Business Awards 2020/21
Derbyshire-based metal recycling and waste management specialist, Ward has been twice shortlisted as finalists in the Derby Telegraph Business Awards 2020/21. The business has made the final three in both the Family Business of the Year and Excellence in Business Growth categories.
Annually, the Derby Telegraph Business Awards recognise the very best businesses within Derby city and the wider county, with categories covering amongst others, start-ups, SMEs, engagement with the education sector, innovation and customer service. Postponed in 2020 due to the pandemic, entrants of the awards were encouraged to update their entries in early 2021 to demonstrate how they had adapted to the challenges of COVID-19.
Sponsored by Dains Accountants, the Excellence in Business Growth category recognises established businesses which are constantly growing. Through innovation, product development, market development or through clear sales and marketing strategies and initiatives, the finalists have shown continuous support the local community and economy. Ward has been shortlisted alongside Bloc Digital and FC Laser.
The Family Business of the Year category, sponsored by Invictus Communications, celebrates established family businesses across all industry sectors in Derbyshire. It recognises sustained success, ambition passed through generations and future aspirations to continuously develop and grow the family business. Other finalists in the category include Morley Hayes and Baytree Cars.
Donald Ward, Operations Director at Ward, said:
“As a local Derbyshire business, we are so proud to have been shortlisted in another two categories at this year’s Derby Telegraph Business Awards. As previous winners in the Company of the Year and Employer of the Year award, to be finalists in two new categories this year is incredible.
Despite challenging trading conditions globally, we have undergone a significant period of growth over the last couple of years and to have this recognised in the Excellence in Business Growth category is a real boost for the hard work that the team has delivered. As an independent, fourth generation family business, being considered as a potential Family Business of the Year candidate is the absolute icing on the cake.”
This year’s headline sponsors are Invictus Communications, Futures, Diginius, Derby Arena and Derby College. A special awards ceremony will be held on Thursday, October 21, live at the Derby Arena.
A full list of categories and sponsors for the DerbyshireLive Business Awards 2020/21 can be found below:
- Company of the Year Sponsored by University of Derby
- SME Business of the Year
- Start-Up Business of the Year Sponsored by Wheeldon Brothers
- Business Entrepreneur of the Year Sponsored by HUUB
- Employer of the Year Sponsored by Smith Partnership
- Customer Service Excellence Award
- Professional Services Sponsored by EVAD
- Excellence in Innovation Award Sponsored by Derby City Council
- Contribution to the Community Award Sponsored by Lubrizol
- Family Business of the Year Sponsored by Invictus Communications
- Apprentice Employer of the Year Sponsored by Futures
- Not-For-Profit-Organisation Award Sponsored by Sellick Partnership
- Education Sector: Business Engagement and Employability Sponsored by Rolls Royce
For more information, get in touch with us.