Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40+ hours a week, Mondays – Fridays. Must be flexible.
The role will be based at Barking.
WARD have an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join our busy Rail Hub at Barking. You will be responsible for ensuring the operational performance of the site and have a small number of direct reports including Site Operatives and Machine Operatives.
The Site Manager is expected to ensure business compliance with the various legislative requirements and operational needs. This includes, but not limited to, Environmental permit, Planning consent, Health, Safety &Environmental legislation etc.
- Ensuring that health, safety and environmental guidelines, policies, procedures, and applicable legislative requirements are met.
- Overseeing the production process, developing, and monitoring performance of production plan in line with commercial sales and delivered volume.
- Develop & ensure planned KPI’s for efficiency and performance are met or exceeded.
- Ensuring that the production process is efficient, effective and in line with financial performance requirements
- Develop and track improvement in reduction of unplanned downtime events; implement root cause analysis of downtime issues for agreed rectification/ improvement plan in conjunction with the maintenance manager and mobile plant manager
- Coordinate, develop and implement standard operating procedures for all processing operations.
- Track competencies of team members, providing leadership and development as required to achieve business objectives.
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through the development and oversight of a change management process and best practices.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Experience of working as a Site Manager in scrap metal/ construction/ waste industries (scrap metal preferred)
- WAMITAB Certification
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £300m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?Back to vacancies