Safely expanding waste services: 01/06/2020
Safely expanding waste services
After the latest government announcements and easing of some lockdown measures, we are continuing to expand the essential waste services we are able to offer.
Safety of our staff and customers remains a priority and we have implemented number of additional hygiene and safeguarding measures across our business. We continue to follow the latest guidance from Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH) [https://wishforum.org.uk] and Public Health England (PHE) [https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-guidance]
From Monday 1st June 2020 we will:
- Continue to slowly bring back members of our team onto sites, including yard operatives and our customer services function, while maintaining social distancing through adapting welfare facilities and implementing staggered start and finish times where possible
- Deliver COVID-19 Induction training to all members of the team attending sites, yards and offices
- Provide personal protective equipment to all employees as required including gloves, masks, eye protection, tissues and hand sanitiser, plus hand washing stations
- Offer support for mental health to everyone in our team who could be struggling with the current circumstances
Business services, Team WARD is:
- Continuing to service key essential businesses
- Accepting ferrous and non-ferrous metals from business customers
- Accepting end of life vehicles (including cars and vans) at all of our sites
- Accepting regular door trade customers/registered scrap collectors and businesses for ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Collecting and processing textiles for reuse and export
- Running commercial waste collection services to service all business customers
- Skip hire services are available via phone or our website. Bookings and payments can be made online or over the phone to ensure it is contactless. Your skip will be delivered and collected by one of our drivers, maintaining social distancing measures and we will communicate via email or phone rather than with a paper ticket, to minimise contact.
- Please note: Some of our depots are working varied hours, so please wait for a telephone call from our customer services team to confirm your skip delivery
- For skip hire visit: https://www.ward.com/online-skip-order/
Discounts are available for NHS workers on skip services. Quote NHS2020 on booking and email the team with verification of your ID number.
All safety measures remain in place as previous updates. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for more information.
We are continually reviewing latest advice from the Government and our trade bodies and adapting our services and procedures as appropriate. Thank you for your support during this period.