Coronavirus Update & Opening Hours 05/01/2021
From Tuesday 5th January 2021 the Government has announced that the UK is to go into a national lockdown until mid February 2021. This will be assessed on an ongoing basis and further announcements made in due course.
Safeguarding our colleagues, partners, suppliers and customers remains our main priority and we will continue to support local and national businesses where it is safe to do so.
As metal recycling and waste management activities are classified as essential services, from Tuesday 5th January 2021, our key workers will continue to operate following the latest Government guidelines until advised of alternate arrangements:.
- All our sites will be open from 8am to 4pm on Monday to Friday
- Employees who are able to work from home are encouraged to do so and the relevant equipment and access to systems has been provided. This includes most of our Customer Services team
- Our Customer Service team is available on 0345 337 0000 or email email@example.com. Please contact us is you have any queries about the services available
- Employees who are required to work on site or in transport roles have been provided with health and safety training, full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and strict social distancing measures are in place
- Any travel is minimised
- Anyone visiting site will be asked to sign in, complete a self declaration form to state their suitability to be on site and will be required to use their own PPE. We are unable to provide PPE at the current time, due to safety and hygiene.
- Skip Hire services are running, however there may be limited availability at peak times. Please visit https://www.ward.com/household-waste/skip-hire/ to check prices and book online
Please be advised, although we are doing everything we can to safely keep services and sites running, this is subject to change at short notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this uncertain time.
We are continually assessing safety, reviewing advice and guidance from Public Health England, the Government and our industry bodies, including the British Metal Recycling Association (BMRA) and the Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH). .
Please visit the government website for more details: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home.
At the time of publishing, the next review is expected in mid February. We will update our status accordingly if further changes are announced. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for detailed information.
Please continue to wash your hands regularly, cover your face in enclosed areas and make space by keeping at least 2 metres apart. If you are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus or are self isolating, we ask you to keep away from site until it is safe to return.
Thank you for your ongoing support in this challenging time.