Coronavirus Update and Christmas Opening Hours 13/12/2021
The government announced on Friday 10th December 2021 that England is moving to Plan B in response to the risks of the Omicron variant.
- Face coverings are required by law in most indoor settings.
- From 13 December office workers who can work from home should do so.
- From 15 December, certain venues and events will be required by law to check that all visitors aged 18 years or over are fully vaccinated, have proof of a negative test in the last 48 hours, or have an exemption.
For the latest information visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do#history.
From Monday 13th December, Ward will continue to operate in the following way with additional safety and hygiene measures remaining in place :
- Employees are encouraged to work from home, where possible.
- Employees who are required to work on site or in transport roles have been provided with health and safety training, full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Masks will be required when inside and moving around all our sites
- External visitors to our sites will need to register and we request that they provide their own PPE
- Lateral flow tests of our employees will be carried out regularly
- Travel will be minimized where possible
We will continue to support local and national businesses with essential metal recycling and waste management services, while constantly assessing safety, reviewing advice and guidance from Public Health England, the Government and our industry bodies, including the British Metal Recycling Association (BMRA) and the Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH).
The next review is on Wednesday 5th January 2022 and we will update our status accordingly if further changes are announced. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for detailed information.
Christmas Opening Hours
As key workers providing essential waste services, our team has continued to operate our metal recycling, waste management and skip hire services nationally, in the safest way possible.
To give #TeamWARD a well-deserved rest, our opening hours over the festive period will be as follows:
- Our sites will close at 5pm on Thursday 23rd December 2021 and open 8am on Tuesday 4th January 2022
- Our Customer Service team can be contacted on 0345 337 0000 or email [email protected]
- For urgent enquiries after Thursday 23rd December and before 8am on Tuesday January 4th, please complete our web form at www.ward.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continued support. We wish you all a relaxing, safe and healthy festive season.