Coronavirus Update 23/02/2021
From Monday 22nd February 2021 the Government has unveiled plans for England to gradually emerge from a sustained period of national lockdown.
Thanks to significant breakthroughs with Coronavirus vaccine development, the rapid and successful deployment of the vaccination programme to date and the slow decline of infection and transmission rates we are able to start thinking about making plans for the future.
In the meantime, we are still under the ‘stay at home’ restrictions until the end of March [https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518].
Please visit the government website for more details: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home.
Key milestones such as the opening of schools, non-essential retail and other businesses will determine how quickly the plans can be realised and these will be assessed on an ongoing basis and further announcements made in due course.
In the meantime, safeguarding our colleagues, partners, suppliers and customers remains our main priority and we will continue to support local and national businesses where it is safe to do so.
As metal recycling and waste management activities are classified as essential services, from Monday 22nd February, Ward will continue to operate following the latest Government guidelines until advised of alternate arrangements:.
- All our sites will be open from 8am to 4pm on Monday to Friday
- Employees who are able to work from home are encouraged to do so and the relevant equipment and access to systems has been provided. This includes most of our Customer Services team
- Our Customer Service team is available on 0345 337 0000 or email email@example.com. Please contact us is you have any queries about the services available
- Employees who are required to work on site or in transport roles have been provided with health and safety training, full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and strict social distancing measures are in place
- Any travel is minimised
- Anyone visiting site will be asked to sign in, complete a self declaration form to state their suitability to be on site and will be required to use their own PPE. We are unable to provide PPE at the current time, due to safety and hygiene.
- Skip Hire services are running, however there may be limited availability at peak times. Please visit https://www.ward.com/household-waste/skip-hire/ to check prices and book online
Please be advised, although we are doing everything we can to safely keep services and sites running, this is subject to change at short notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this uncertain time.
We are continually assessing safety, reviewing advice and guidance from Public Health England, the Government and our industry bodies, including the British Metal Recycling Association (BMRA) and the Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH). .
At the time of publishing, the next review is expected in late March. We will update our status accordingly if further changes are announced. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for detailed information.
Please continue to wash your hands regularly, cover your face in enclosed areas and make space by keeping at least two metres apart. If you are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus or are self isolating, we ask you to keep away from site until it is safe to return.
Thank you for your ongoing support.