Coronavirus Update 17/05/2021
From Monday 17th May 2021 the Government has confirmed that the next stage of the roadmap will go ahead for England to steadily emerge from a sustained period of national lockdown.
Thanks to the rapid and successful deployment of the vaccination programme to date and the slow decline of infection and transmission rates, the government has confirmed that from from Monday 17 May indoor hospitality can reopen and indoor entertainment can resume, including cinemas, museums, and children’s play areas.
Up to 6 people or 2 households will be able to meet indoors and up to 30 people outdoors.
All remaining outdoor entertainment can reopen, such as outdoor cinemas and performances. Some larger events will be able to take place, including conferences, theatre and concert performances, and sports events. Restrictions on the number of attendees will remain as set out in the Roadmap.
For full details please visit the government website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do.
As metal recycling and waste management activities are classified as essential services and our team essential workers, our sites have been operational throughout the Pandemic. Safeguarding our colleagues, partners, suppliers and customers has been our top priority.
We will continue to support local and national businesses where it is safe to do so and keep in place social distancing and increased hygiene measures until further notice. This includes:
- Wearing masks in and around all our sites
- Registering visitors and completing a screening questionnaire for anyone external visiting our sites and requested to provide their own PPE
- Carrying out regular lateral flow tests of our employees on a weekly basis
- Minimising travel where possible
We are continually assessing safety, reviewing advice and guidance from Public Health England, the Government and our industry bodies, including the British Metal Recycling Association (BMRA) and the Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH).
From Monday 17th May, Ward will continue to operate following the latest Government guidelines until advised of alternate arrangements:
- All our sites will be open from 8am to 4pm on Monday to Friday
- Employees who wish to work from home are encouraged to do so. The relevant equipment and access to systems has been provided.
- Our Customer Service team is available on 0345 337 0000 or email [email protected]. Please contact us is you have any queries about the services available
- Employees who are required to work on site or in transport roles have been provided with health and safety training, full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and strict social distancing measures are in place
- Skip Hire services are running Monday to Friday. Please visit https://www.ward.com/household-waste/skip-hire/ to check prices and book online
Please be advised, although we are doing everything we can to safely keep services and sites running, this is subject to change at short notice. We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this period.
We will update our status accordingly if further changes are announced. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for detailed information.
Please continue to wash your hands regularly, cover your face in enclosed areas and make space by keeping at least two metres apart. If you are experiencing any symptoms of Coronavirus or are self-isolating, we ask you to keep away from site until it is safe to return.
Thank you for your ongoing support.