Coronavirus Update 17/01/22
There are still restrictions in place in England to curb the spread of coronavirus. For latest updates, please visit: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/.
Ward continues to operate at its sites nationwide from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, with the following additional safety and hygiene measures remaining in place:
- Employees are encouraged to work from home, where possible
- Employees who are required to work on site or in transport roles have been provided with health and safety training, full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Masks will be required when inside and moving around all our sites
- External visitors to our sites will need to register and we request that they provide their own PPE
- Lateral flow tests of our employees will be carried out regularly
- Travel will be minimized where possible
We will continue to support local and national businesses with essential metal recycling and waste management services, while constantly assessing safety, reviewing advice and guidance from Public Health England, the Government and our industry bodies, including the British Metal Recycling Association (BMRA) and the Waste Industry Health and Safety Forum (WISH).
On Monday 17th January 2022, England will change the self-isolation period following a positive rapid lateral flow test from 7 days to 5, providing days 5 and 6 show a negative result. This reduces the individual self-isolation period and enables people to return to their normal routines more quickly, as long they are not displaying any symptoms of illness.
England moved to Plan B restriction in response to the risks of the Omicron variant in December, this is due for review on 26th January 2022, when the government will announce further restrictions or lifting of existing ones.
This means that until 26th January 2022:
- Face coverings are required by law in most indoor settings.
- From 13 December office workers who can work from home should do so.
- From 15 December, certain venues and events will be required by law to check that all visitors aged 18 years or over are fully vaccinated, have proof of a negative test in the last 48 hours, or have an exemption.
For the latest information visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do#history.
We will update our status accordingly if further changes are announced at the end of January 2022. Please visit: https://www.ward.com/coronavirus-statement/ for detailed information.
Thank you for your continued support.