Ward named as one of Europe’s best businesses in first ever ‘Ones To Watch’ list
Derbyshire based metal and waste management specialist, Ward, has been named as ‘One to Watch’ in Europe in a list of business excellence published by the European Business Awards, one of the world’s largest and longest running business competitions.
Ward was chosen as it demonstrates exceptional achievement in one of the 18 European Business Awards’ categories and reflects the programme’s core values of innovation, success and ethics.
Independent fourth generation family run business Ward was established over 70 years ago and is a multi-award winning operation. It now employs over 400 people in Derbyshire and North Lincolnshire across its six waste management and metal recycling sites.
Michael Ward, joint Managing Director of Ward said: “Our business, like many other family firms across the UK was built on hard work, hard work that has paid off and we are being now recognised at many levels. Being selected as a ‘One to Watch’ of European businesses is a fantastic achievement and testament to our team’s commitment to continuous innovation, investment and our future growth strategy.”
Adrian Tripp, CEO of the European Business Awards, said: “The companies chosen as ‘Ones to Watch’ are the most inspirational, successful and dynamic in Europe”
He continued: “The talent and tenacity at the heart of these businesses creates jobs and drives Europe’s prosperity. This ‘Ones to Watch’ list of excellence is a benchmark of success for the rest of the European business community.”
Companies on the ‘Ones to Watch’ list come from all sectors; from manufacturing to retail, agriculture to technology, and all sizes; from start-ups to billion Euro businesses.
Ward will now have the chance to compete in the Business of the Year Award (with Turnover €26M – 150M) category of this year’s European Business Awards to become a National Winner in the UK. If successful, they will then take part in the Gala Final in December 2019, where the final 18 European winners will be announced.
The Awards Categories for 2019:
- The Inflexion European Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- The Award for Growth Strategy of the Year
- The New Business of The Year Award
- The Germany Trade and Invest Award for International Expansion
- The Social Responsibility and Environmental Awareness Award
- The Workplace and People Development Award
- The Award for Innovation € 0 – 25M
- The Award for Innovation €26M – 150M
- The Award for Innovation €150 +
- The Customer and Market Engagement Award € 0 – 25M
- The Customer and Market Engagement Award €26M – 150M
- The Customer and Market Engagement Award €150 +
- The Digital Technology Award € 0 – 25M
- The Digital Technology Award €26M – 150M
- The Digital Technology Award €150 +
- The Business of the Year Award with Turnover € 0 – 25M
- The Business of the Year Award with Turnover €26M – 150M
- The Business of the Year Award with Turnover €150 +
The European Business Awards is now in its 12th year. Last year it considered over 111,000 businesses from 34 countries. Sponsors and partners include Inflexion, Germany Trade & Invest and PR Newswire.
The full list of ‘Ones to Watch’ across Europe can be found at www.businessawardseurope.com.
For more information on Ward’s metal recycling and waste management capabilities visit www.ward.com.