Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40-50 hours per week.
The role will be based at Swadlincote, Derbyshire.
Immediate start available
Working hours will be 07:00-17:00 Monday to Friday with flexibility as and when required.
Ward has a new opportunity for a Transport Planner to join our busy team based in Swadlincote. The primary function of this role is to plan, coordinate and manage the daily and weekly schedules of drivers and vehicles to ensure that the department runs in a logical and efficient manner.
- Manage and plan WARD drivers and subcontractors through effective and efficient planning
- Meeting transport legislation commitments from a planning perspective
- Manage and update the planning schedule daily ensuring all work is confirmed and complete/ cancelled where relevant and liaising with drivers where required
- Managing driver’s holidays and Return to Work forms
- Liaising with site managers on work requirements
- Booking jobs on our Enwis programme and updating the jobs as and when required
- Ensuring work tickets are posted through in time
- Liaising with the Transport Managers to assess the driver and vehicle resource requirements daily to meet the delivery schedule and customer requirements.
- Meet health & safety legislation commitments within your division
The list above is non exhaustive and may require other duties and responsibilities as required by the business
Skills and Knowledge Required:
It is essential that you have experience within a busy transport department, and you are a team player. Experience within a Skip and RORO planning department is preferable. You must have the ability to prioritise workload and create suitable and effective plans. The successful candidate will be computer literate and have experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
Salary dependant on experience
Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
Refer a friend scheme
Continuous training and development opportunities
Employee assistance programme
Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: [email protected]Back to vacancies