Overview of the role:
Hours and location: Approx. 40 hours per week, Mondays to Fridays.
The role will be based at Ilkeston.
WARD have a number of exciting opportunities for experienced Skip Drivers to join our team of drivers based at Ilkeston. We pride ourselves on the standard of our fleet of vehicles which are all less than 5 years old – we are also excited to have just received a brand-new fleet of vehicles. You will be part of a team of over 100+ driving professionals all committed to doing their part in environmental sustainability.
You will play a key role in our business, transporting materials from our customers to our processing sites. It is here that the materials (metal and waste) are processed and transformed into reusable materials before being transported to take their next step on their journey.
- Communicating with your planner and following daily schedules
- Liaising with customers and clients on site, maintaining good relationships
- Conducting thorough pre-start vehicle checks
- Reporting any vehicle defects
- Following company Safe Operating Procedures
- Taking care of your vehicle
- Completing daily checks and paperwork
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- LGV Cat C License (Class 2)
- Current DCPC Card
- Good geographical knowledge
- Tachograph/ digital smart card operation
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team. Working hours will be approximately 55 hours per week, with any hours worked over 40 paid at an enhanced overtime rate. Weekly bonuses are also available.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £300m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to vacancies