Skip Hire vs The Man and Van
In recent years, the ‘man and van’ service has become a popular alternative to skip hire for those wanting to dispose of waste.
From house clearances to kitchen projects, bathroom renovations or office refurbishments, homeowners and businesses alike need to find a hassle free option for the removal of waste materials quickly, efficiently and cost effectively – with minimal environmental impact. So which option is best for you?
A good alternative to skip hire?
‘Man (or woman) and van’ collection services advertise themselves as ‘the skip hire alternative’ and ‘cheaper than a skip’. However on closer inspection, is this really the case?
Based on the findings of our recent investigation, we’ve identified a number of considerations for our customers to make an informed choice about what is best for them.
- Hidden charges: Initially, van services can appear a cheaper option to skip hire, but there are often several hidden or unexplained charges that can significantly increase your costs such as credit card fees, the amount of waste or extra items
- Value for money: If we look the example of a small waste collection, which would use a mini skip, the comparative quantity of waste collected by a man and van service works out to be on average nearly 50% more expensive. Compared to skip hire, the cost of the man and van collection can reach double the cost for larger quantities of waste
- Regulations and permits: You need to ensure that your waste is being removed and managed according to government guidelines – can you guarantee you are covered? WARD is fully licensed by the Environment Agency and we issue you with all necessary paperwork for your waste services.
- Responsible recycling: Can you be certain that all the waste collected will be responsibly collected and recycled at a fully licensed recycling facility? Will your man and van service ensure that you minimise waste to landfill and maximise the use of any recycled products?
Of course if space is a premium or you simply cannot move your waste yourself, the man and van can be a good option. However, if you are looking for the most convenient and cost efficient disposal of waste, with peace of mind that you are fully licensed and environmentally responsible, skip hire remains the best way for people to recycle.
Why use WARD skip hire?
- WARD offers a comprehensive skip hire service for projects of all sizes
- WARD always offer a competitive price for skip hire, with no booking or credit card fees
- WARD offers an online booking service which is PCI DSS compliant, ensuring your order is 100% safe and payment secure
- WARD skip hire comes with the backup and support of our dedicated and professional customer services team
- WARD completes thousands of skip services every month, all over the country
- WARD is fully licensed by the Environment Agency and we issue you with all necessary paperwork for your waste services
- WARD has over 60 years experience in waste management WARD prevents over 90% of the rubbish we collect from ending up in landfill
- WARD runs a modern fleet of vehicles to ensure we minimise our CO2 emissions
For more information about WARD’s comprehensive and cost effective skip hire download our skip hire guide. Call our dedicated skip hire team on 0345 337 00 00 or fill in our contact form for details on skip hire in your area.