Overview of the role:
Working Hours: Monday – Friday. 40+ hours per week.
Salary: £10.50-£12.00 per hour depending on experience.
The role will be based at Chesterfield.
WARD are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Weighbridge Operator at Chesterfield. The role includes weighing vehicle in and out of a busy recycling site, as well as using Microsoft Word and Excel to update stock sheets and produce reporting. Occasional light yard work may be required including load inspector responsibilities.
As a weighbridge operator you will serve as the central point of safety communications, security and directing customer activity within the facility. You will be responsible for weighing inbound and outbound vehicles and maintaining accurate records for the site. This is a customer facing role and requires good communication and people skills.
- Being a first point of contact for the site and liaising with customers and colleagues
- Strict adherence to the documentation process
- Up to date recordkeeping of site-specific data
- Determine if materials are suitable to be shipped
- Adhere to strict Health and Safety standards.
- Follow written and verbal instruction with accuracy
- Updating stock sheets of various grades of metal and waste
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- The successful candidate will have good IT skills
- Experience within the metal/waste recycling industry is beneficial but not essential as full training will be given.
- Must be trustworthy, reliable, and highly motivated with good people skills essential.
- Flexible to work overtime as and when required.
What is in it for you?
The role is with full training and no previous experience is essential. We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Great rates of pay with overtime
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: [email protected]Back to vacancies