Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 50 hours per week, Mondays to Fridays.
The role will be based at Ilkeston, Derbyshire. £28,000 – £32,000 DOE.
Ward have a new opportunity for an Artic Transport Planner to join our busy team based in Ilkeston. The primary function of this role is to plan, coordinate and manage the daily and weekly schedules of drivers and vehicles to ensure that the department runs in a logical and efficient manner.
- Coordinating schedules for drivers
- Date input Meeting agreed delivery schedule/customer service requirements through effective and efficient planning
- Meeting transport legislation commitments from a planning perspective
- Liaising with the Transport Managers to assess the driver and vehicle resource requirements daily to meet the delivery schedule and customer requirements.
- Keep updated with technical, legal and training best practice to maintain and improve the transport planning process.
- Meet health & safety legislation commitments within your division.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
It is essential that you have experience within a busy transport department and experience within an Artic planning department is preferable. You must have the ability to prioritise workload and creative suitable and effective plans. The successful candidate will be computer literate and have experience using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: [email protected]Back to vacancies