Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40 hours per week, Mondays – Fridays. Based in Ilkeston.
The role will be based at Donald Ward House, Ilkeston. £20,800 per annum.
Ward are recruiting for a Supply Chain Coordinator to work alongside our Supply Chain Manager and Commercial Sales team in our National brokerage department. Reporting to the Supply Chain Supervisor, this role will be responsible for managing and maintaining excellent relationships between the company and suppliers to ensure that customer requirements are consistently fulfilled.
This role will include various administrative tasks including:
- Accepting order enquiries from customers and dealing with follow-up enquiries
- Developing the customer supply base and contributing to the Company’s growth strategy
- Managing compliance within our supplier base with waste regulations
- Maintaining service excellence
- Managing KPIS and regular supplier auditing
- Performance reporting and forecasting
- Negotiating contracts and agreeing SLAs
- Operating company software
Skills and Knowledge Required
Experience within an administrative role is essential however industry knowledge would also be beneficial. The ideal candidate must have strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Packages. The ability to work independently, and on their own initiative is also essential. Completing work to a high standard, meeting deadlines and having attention to detail are also what WARD are looking for in the ideal candidate.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Excellent computer literacy
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task whilst paying the highest attention to detail within each task
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: [email protected]Back to vacancies