Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40+ hours per week, Mondays – Fridays.
The role will be based at Barking Rail.
WARD are looking for a Non-Ferrous Site Operative to join our team in Barking. You will be part of a hardworking team of Ward employees who support in the recycling of over half a million tonnes of ferrous and non-ferrous metals each year. You will learn to inspect loads and grade different material that comes into the yard. You may also have the opportunity to learn to operate telehandlers, loading shovels, and various other plant and machinery.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Keeping the site safe, clear and tidy
- Ensuring loads are tipped into correct bays
- Following all health and safety protocols
- Manual duties as directed by the Site Manager
- Monitor and inspect materials and report any non-acceptable material items
- Knowledge of ferrous and non-ferrous materials would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge Required:
The successful candidate will have experience working in an Operative role, as well as experience working with non-ferrous metals. They will be a self-motivated, hardworking, team player who is able to work occasional weekends as required. A team player with a ”can-do’ attitude who enjoys physical work will do well within our team.
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?Back to vacancies