LGV Cat C+E (Class 1)
We are looking for a Shunter Driver to join our professional driving team based at our site in Ilkeston.
As Ward’s Shunter Driver you will be responsible for the safe movement of vehicles at and around our busy Metal and Waste Recycling sites. This could include moving LGVs and trailer units and can involve manoeuvring goods around site, between sites, into storage and loading bays, or to be picked up by other workers.
From time to time you will provide absence cover which could include site to site transfer and on the road duties to support the department.
We pride ourselves on the standard of our fleet of vehicles which are either brand new or up to 5 years old.
You will be part of a team of over 100 driving professionals all committed to doing their part in environmental sustainability.
The role consists of the following duties:
- Communicating with site staff and banksmen
- Site to Site transfer
- Collection and Delivery of vehciles for MOT and Maintenance work
- Driving a range of company LGV vehicles between and around sites
- Assisting with general duties as required
- Uncoupling trailer units and moving them to loading areas and storage areas
- Liaising with colleagues on site and maintaining good relationships
- Conducting vehicle checks
- Reporting any vehicle defects
- Following company Safe Operating Procedures
- Taking care of company vehicles
- Upholding Ward company values and brand image
- Completing required paperwork
- LGV Cat C+E Licence (Class 1)
- Current DCPC Card
- Tachograph/Digital smart card operation
Working hours and pay?
Working hours will be approx 45 hours per week (40 hours basic) and a ‘Welcome Bonus’ of £1,000 is payable after 6 months for new drivers who join our team.
Weekly Pay (£13.00 – £16.25 p/h)
We offer a competitive hourly rate with enhanced overtime rates.
What is in it for you?
In addition to our competitive rates of pay, enhanced overtime rates and ‘Welcome Bonus’, you will have full access to a wide variety of useful offers, discounts and wellbeing support through our Re-Ward staff benefits platform. This includes discounts on your grocery shopping, gym membership, holidays, high-street and cinema discounts, life assurance, free confidential counselling, Cycle to Work Scheme and lots more.
As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. Every major business decision we make is guided in part by our CSR values such as:
Our impact on the environment – as a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is clearly close to our hearts
- The welfare of the people we come into contact with, and those further down the supply chain
- The sustainability of the processes we use
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
We offer a competitive a salary, pension, training opportunities, access to our company benefit scheme “Re-Ward”, cycle to work, recommend a friend scheme and lots more!
Back to vacancies