Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40+ hours per week, Mondays to Fridays.
The role will be based at Ward’s new metal processing site in Cardiff.
WARD are currently recruiting for an experienced Shear Operator to join our team in Cardiff. You will be part of a hardworking team of Ward employees who support in the recycling of over half a million tonnes of ferrous and non-ferrous metals each year. Reporting to your Line Manager, you will carry out a range of duties across the site.
You will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining a safe and efficient system of work, whilst ensuring a continuous feed of material when required. You will also be responsible for sorting and preparing materials and carrying out general cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Operate the shear and other equipment in a safe and competent manner
- Monitor materials and report any non-acceptable material items
- Where appropriate ensure even level of feed onto conveyors
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain equipment in good condition and report any faults or defects to your manager immediately
- Completion of records.
- Operate in a safe manner at all times in accordance with site rules and the Company’s Health & Safety Policy, Risk Assessments and Safe Operating Procedures and use relevant Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
- Report to a Manager immediately any hazards, risks, faulty machinery, dangerous occurrences, spillages etc.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
It is essential you have experience operating a shear or similar types of machinery.
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £300m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: [email protected]Back to vacancies