Scrap Inspector/Weighbridge Operator
Hours and location
The role is full time and based at our site at Pinns Wharf, Barking, IG11 0DH.
Working hours are 08.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday with occasional weekend work as required.
The primary function of this varied role is to inspect materials received to ensure they conform with the stated specification and process them correctly prior to shipment. As a weighbridge operator you will serve as the central point of safety communications, security and directing activity within the facility. You will be responsible for weighing inbound and outbound delivery vehicles.
- Safe and efficient inspection of loads
- Determine if materials are suitable to be shipped
- Correctly adhere to documentation processes
- Adhere to strict Health and Safety standards.
- Follow written and verbal instruction with accuracy
- The successful candidate will have strong IT skills and be competent using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience within the metal/waste recycling industry is beneficial but not essential as full training will be given.
- Must be trustworthy, reliable and highly motivated with good people skills essential.
- Competitive Pay
- Uniform provided
- Competitive staff benefits platform
- Employee Assistance scheme
- Company Pension
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £150m, employs over 300 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. For more information on our business and our Pinns Wharf operation, please see our website.
We look forward to welcoming your application.
How to apply:
Please complete our online application form here.
No agencies please.