Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40 hours per week, Mondays – Fridays.
The role will be based at Donald Ward House, Ilkeston. You may occasionally be required to travel to other sites within the business
The Sales and Export Logistics Co-ordinator will support the Sales Manager and Sales Director in providing an outstanding service to all internal and external customers and provide administrative assistance as required within the function.
Assist and support the Sales Manager and Sales Director in their daily planning and complex admin function.
The role is diverse and fast paced and would suit a person that enjoys a challenge.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with key stake holders & also building robust external and internal relationships
- Logistics Co-ordination for UK & Export (articulated vehicles & containers)
- Vessel calculations (summary of vessel activities & costs)
- Profit and loss calculations (purchase, operations & sale of material)
- Analysing & recording data
- Contract Issuing & review, UK & Export (bulk vessels & containers)
- Processing and submitting tenders
- Stock level forecasting with internal and external contacts
- Answer calls and emails and manage accordingly
- Identify market trends & developments
- Ad hoc projects / duties, including booking meetings, flights, hotels etc
Skills and Knowledge Required:
WARD are looking for a good team player, with the ability to communicate professionally and confidentially, whilst being friendly and approachable. The ideal candidate will have excellent IT, data analysis and reporting skills with attention to detail and a can-do approach.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a complex administrative role or logistics role is required
- Competent numerical skills
- Experience within the recycling sector
- Knowledge of export procedures
The role would be suited to somebody looking to further their career and join a rapidly expanding company.
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £160m, employs over 380 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.Back to vacancies