Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 45+ hours per week, Mondays – Fridays.
The role will be based at Griffon Road, Ilkeston.
We are looking for a full time Plant Fitter to join our team, based at our Ilkeston site. The roles are full time Monday to Friday, with occasional Saturday shifts when required.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and implementation of a robust PPM schedule for mobile and fixed recycling equipment and provide technical support for reactive maintenance.
Task specific training will be given, and your existing certificates will be kept up to date.
- Hydraulics and pneumatic fault finding and repair & replacement of components experience
- Diesel engine experience
- Wide range of experience in the fault finding/diagnosis and repair of mobile plant such as Liebherr/Sennebogen material handlers, Liebherr/CAT Loading shovels, Telehandlers, FLT’S, mobile shredders and experience of screening equipment and compressors advantageous.
- Full UK driving license
- Welding experience (MIG/ARC) + Burning/Cutting with propane/oxygen advantageous
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Conscientious, organised and driven with good communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge for updating the maintenance scheme upon tasks completed
- Experience of a manufacturing/processing environment
- Time served with relevant plant operation certificates
- Basic computer skills
Skills and Knowledge Required:
It is essential that you have good team-work skills and previous experience in a similar role. You will be required to work both individually and as part of a team.
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
WARD will also provide a company van.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £160m, employs over 380 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?Back to vacancies