Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 07:00am – 17:00pm hours per week, Mondays to Fridays (Flexibility with hours and days is essential for the role.)
The role will be based at Griffon Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE74RF.
To effectively manage the maintenance, improvement and consistency of the operational plant and equipment in line with the business needs and legislative requirements; to support the business processing operations in achieving the desired throughput, reliability and quality associated with its products and requirements.
- Effectively manage any maintenance issues to ensure resolution and assign small projects to the right skills in the team
- Liaise with external suppliers, managing service levels, price and quality
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site mobile and fixed plant
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out and effectiveness monitored
- Ensure planned inspections are undertaken in line with business and legislative requirements
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant and facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support/solutions when required
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance material spend combined with a strategy to manage expenditure
- Manage the process of the introduction of new machinery, plant and equipment
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and equipment
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Manage the ongoing refurbishment programme of essential parts ensuring the availability of the same
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
- Manage, coach and develop the Maintenance team so that it meets agreed objectives which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels
- Review, implement and update company records e.g. training matrices, performance reviews, risk assessments
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to lead by example, able to be ‘hands on’ in the interest of the business requirements
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Relevant heavy plant / mobile plant engineering is preferred, or HND, BTEC Professional Level 4 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualification.
- Extensive plant level experience with significant proven management experience
- Excellent communicator, recognises internal and external customers and can prioritise workload accordingly
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Understanding of IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO management systems
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £300m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: email@example.comBack to vacancies