Ward are recruiting for a qualified Health and Safety Advisor to join the business.
Are you a Health and Safety Advisor looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic team within a rapidly expanding business? We are looking for that will not only bring fresh eyes and ideas but is also looking to develop their skills and knowledge in the practical application of health and safety in the workplace.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who wants to develop their health and safety career within a highly reputable organisation.
Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, as an integral part of the team you will assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of the company’ management system, whilst also providing advice and guidance to operational managers, supervisors and employees.
Play a vital role in implementing the overall H&S strategy across all 12 locations in England and Wales, with full support from the rest of the team. This will include the development and delivery of training, tool box talks and safety alerts for communication within the organisation.
- Positively influence Ward employees in all aspects of compliance
- Maintain and update the ISO Management System
- Maintenance of Health Safety & Compliance team SharePoint pages including maintaining appropriate records.
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of legislation, policy and standards applicable to the operations
- Participate in audits, inspection and positive interventions across all aspects and locations of the business
- Undertaking relevant monitoring activities to meet statutory requirements
- Effectively communicate relevant Health Safety & compliance information across the business.
- Support local managers in implementing the programs within their areas of operational control
- Assist in the collation of data for the Ward HSC metrics program
- Assist in the internal & external reporting requirements to ensure that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Experience working within a health and safety role
- Demonstrable desire to learn and improve
- A genuine passion for the role
- NEBOSH General Certificate (essential)
- Understanding of ISO45001, 14001 and 9001(preferred)
- Auditing and inspection experience (preferred)
- Personal and professional integrity
- Solution focused
- Collaborative approach
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will be offered a salary in the region of £32,000– £38,000 plus company car.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: [email protected]Back to vacancies