Ward are recruiting for a Fleet Driver Trainer to join our expanding Transport Department based at Ward, Crompton Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 4BG.
Reporting to the Senior Transport Manager, your role will be to induct, coach, train and assess our Driver workforce to ensure we consistently meet our high standards. You will be a time served and experienced Class 1 and Class 2 driving professional with a commitment to Health and Safety best practice, ideally with CPC status.
- Delivering Inductions for new drivers joining our organisation
- Appraising driver competency during the probationary period and thereafter
- Reviewing and updating SOPs
- Working closely with all drivers across the business, accompanying them in the cab periodically and providing feedback and training as required. This will require some travel to our other locations.
- Monitor and control the MPG output and implement training and necessary measures to improve efficiencies
- Regular auditing of driver vehicle checks
- Assist in the investigation and reporting of accidents and incidents and identify recommendations
- Deliver internal training to individuals and groups as required
- Upload SOP’s into the training matrix and keep the data base updated
Qualifications and Experience:
- DVLA Fleet Driver Trainer approved (essential)
- Time served Class 1 and Class 2 driver (essential)
- RTITB qualification (essential)
- NEBOSH General Certificate or Diploma (desirable)
- Familiarity with our vehicle fleet is advantageous (Tippers, ROROs, Artics, W&D, Skip lorries).
- Personal and professional integrity
- Team player who builds rapport easily
- A genuine passion for the Driving profession
Salary will be dependant upon experience.
Full access to the Re-Ward staff benefit platform for leisure, retail and holiday discounts.
This role can be done on a full time or part time basis and we will consider all applicants who meet the role requirements.
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £150m, employs over 300 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. For more information on our business, please see our website.
We look forward to welcoming your application.
How to apply:
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies, please.
The closing date for applications is 05.05.2021.