Overview of the role:
The Environment and Sustainability Team operates across the whole company, ensuring environmental regulatory requirements and commitments are met, and the delivery of Wards ambitious Sustainability Strategy: The WARD Way.
We are seeking an experienced waste management professional to provide technical expertise and advice in relation to securing new environmental permits, environmental permitting management and legal compliance in relation to all the business. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing metals, recycling, and waste management business.
- Leading activities and actions relating to new permits and submitting permit variations where required, ensuring all requirements are completed.
- Overseeing Action Plans to ensure all required recommendations and improvements are completed on time and in full. Escalating issues and concerns if any should arise.
- Writing and updating site specific Environmental Management Plans.
- Promoting environmental awareness through training, briefings and other communication methods.
- Working with operational teams to improve Environmental Performance
- Undertaking Environmental Site Inspections when the business need arises
- Producing quarterly environment reports, submitting pollution inventories and assisting colleagues with Environmental Accreditations e.g. Producer Responsibility
- Supporting the Department with administering, sampling, testing, and WM3.
- Focal point for environmental issues
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Change management or working in a changing environment
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- A confident communicator both written and orally including presentation and report-writing
- Degree or equivalent in environmental or related subject
- Practical experience of environmental and waste management
- Experience of working in regulated industry preferred
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team. A company car and one funded professional membership will also be included.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: [email protected]Back to vacancies