Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40 hours per week Mondays – Fridays
The role will be based at Donald Ward House, Ilkeston.
WARD have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Representative to join our team based at Donald Ward House, Ilkeston (DE7 5JB) supporting day to day activity across the customer services function.
Working in a fast-paced environment you will be the first point of contact for internal and external customers.
You will be a team player with excellent customer service and communication skills, have strong IT skills with proven experience in a customer service role.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Respond quickly and effectively to incoming enquiries
- Follow through any complaints to full, acceptable resolution, escalating or seeking support where necessary
- Receive and book on orders via telephone and email ensuring all required information is taken and entered accurately
- Build relationships with customers and seek further opportunities
- Create and build strong internal relationships
- Support the Customer Service Team
- Maintain records, including completing spreadsheets, filing and scanning
- To participate actively in working towards the objectives of the Company in all appropriate ways.
- To conform to procedural agreements covering all matters which may from time to time be raised and to ensure that such matters are dealt with constructively and promptly.
- To ensure that standards of health, safety and welfare is in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Company and the relevant statutory requirements so far as is reasonably practical.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
It is essential that you have a minimum of 1 years’ experience within a customer service role. You must work well under pressure and have the ability to prioritise your workload effectively. Previous experience within a waste management business is desirable but not essential.
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: [email protected]Back to vacancies