Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40 hours per week minimum, Mondays to Saturdays.
Vessel loading is 24/7 and can include Sundays.
The role will be based at Immingham.
WARD are looking for an experienced crane operative to join our busy team at Immingham. The role will be varied including part time operating the material handler on site, and part time operating the ships crane on vessels.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Operating the vessel’s cranes (ships gears), material handler, and other equipment in a safe, competent manner
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Carry out general yard duties when required
- Reform material pile to ensure most effective grab volume
Skills and Knowledge Required:
The successful candidate will have experience working as a Ship’s Crane Operative. They will be self-motivated, hardworking, a team-player and be willing to work the occasional weekend when required. An NPORS Accreditation is preferred however not essential.
- Experience operating Crane / Material Re-Handler and other equipment in a safe, competent manner
- Experience operating various other plant and machinery (Beneficial)
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?Back to vacancies