Overview of the role:
Hours and location: 40+ hours per week, Mondays to Fridays.
The role will be based at East Tilbury, London.
WARD are looking for an experienced Burner to join our operations team based in Barking, London. The role includes supporting the business in managing the size of material coming onto site. You will be required to cut oversized scrap metal as it comes onto site.
- Manage the size and quality of material on site by burning
- Ensure compliance with legislative and business Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements.
- Provide excellent communication skills.
- Support the company’s drive towards continual improvement.
- Ensure accurate and concise records are kept for work carried out on site.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Experience in cutting and burning metals
- Innovative and lateral thinking
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload of self
- Flexible approach to working hours
What is in it for you?
We offer a diverse role with the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, the ability to work on your own initiative and be part of a busy team.
- Access to Re-WARD Benefits Platform – Leisure, shopping, retail and holiday discounts, discounted gym membership, and lots more!
- Refer a friend scheme
- Continuous training and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Company Pension and life assurance
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £400m, employs over 450 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. As a modern business, Ward are aiming to be a positive force in the world. We believe that if we treat our customers, partners, staff and neighbours with respect and dignity, we will succeed in both our business and sustainability goals. As a waste management and resource recycling specialist, the environment is close to our hearts.
We are committed to delivering market-leading performance on key environmental issues in our business, with our customers, our supply chain, and our end consumers.
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing company with a sense of purpose, committed to developing waste management and recycling techniques with an environmental conscience?
Please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Katie Brown, HR Manager: [email protected]Back to vacancies