Ward are looking to recruit a Supervisor to oversee the running of key areas within the ASR Plant at Ward, Hallam Fields Road, Ilkeston, DE7 4AZ.
Hours and Location:
In this permanent role, the ASR (Automobile Shredder Residue) Supervisor will work around 40 – 50 hours per week on average and a degree of flexibility is required.
IRO £35,000 (dependent upon experience)
Reporting to the ASR Manager, the ASR Supervisor will be responsible for the daily organisation of the departments with duties including:
- Ensuring Health, Safety & Environmental procedures are followed by all staff and visitors to the yard.
- Deputising for the ASR Manager as required
- Ensuring compliance to all legal requirements.
- Overseeing internal processes to ensure all yard staff are working to the highest standard
- Monitoring and motivating staff to drive performance
- Ensuring continuity in production and quality
- Working to achieve KPI’s and production levels
- Demonstrating strong leadership skills within the department.
- Organising the maintenance of the machinery and liaising with Maintenance Fitters.
- Previous experience in a Supervisory or Managerial role within a similar industry is essential
- IOSH certification (essential)
- Experience of Mobile Plant operation (desirable)
- Personal traits – Self-motivated, willing to learn, team player, excellent communication skills
- Good people management skills
- Professional and ambitious individual
- Uniform Provided
- Staff benefits including retail, leisure and holiday discounts
- Company Pension
- Bike to Work Scheme
Today Ward Recycling has an annual turnover in excess of £160m, employs over 300 people and operates a fleet of over 120 vehicles. The company is now managed by third and fourth generation family members who continue their commitment to developing waste management and recycling techniques, saving their customers money and helping them to meet and exceed their recycling targets. For more information on our business, please see our website.
We look forward to welcoming your application.
To apply for this position please send you CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to Adam Hissitt at Ahissitt@ward.com